The Pinewood Derby Chair organizes one of the most popular events of the scouting year. They are responsible for assembling a team and a plan to deliver a well run and fun day of activities. They can organize behind the scenes or be front and center depending on the style of the person.
- Assemble a team of volunteers to run the Derby including: concessions, race officials, master of ceremonies and other race day activities.
- Reserve space for the Derby and the weigh in days.
- Confirm a date and location for a Pinewood Derby Workshop
- Arrange for the purchase and sale of Pinewood Derby cars
- Review and publish the Pack Rules for the derby. Ensure all cars meet those rules.
- Order trophies for race day
- Direct setup of the gym on the Friday before the event
October Planning – 2 hours
November Planning – 2 hours
December Planning – 2 hours
Workshop Day – 2 hours
Race Week – Thursday 90 minutes, Friday 90 minutes, Race day