The Pack Secretary is responsbile for taking the minutes during the monthly Den Leader and Committee Meetings. This leader will take notes, email the minutes to leaders and publish the minutes to the website. They may also assist with other tasks as needed.
- Keep informed of all Cub Scouting literature, materials, records, and forms so as to help leaders function effectively. Assist new den leaders by telling them what items are available.
- Maintain up-to-date information on membership, leadership, attendance, and advancement in Scoutbook.
- Maintain an inventory of pack property.
- Handle correspondence for the pack. This may include writing letters of appreciation and requests for reservations, or ordering supplies through the local council service center.
- Keep notes on den leader and pack committee meetings. Record only key items such as items requiring follow-up or items for the history of the pack.
- Notify leaders of pack leaders’ meetings and other activities and help others maintain the activities calendars within Scoutbook and the website.
Attend monthly Den Leader Meetings – 30 minutes
Attend monthly Committee Meetings – 90 minutes
Prepare minutes and email reminders/followups – 120 minutes