The Cubmaster is the primary leader for the Pack’s youth-facing program. This leader is responsible for delivering an exciting set of events and meetings that connect the mission of Pack 63 with our scouts. The Cubmaster has a vision for how to connect games, meeting, outings and events with the specific Methods of scouting.
- With the Committee and other parents and volunteers lay out a set of meetings and events that are fun, engaging and meaningful for scouts.
- Organize and implement an annual Pack calendar that provides multiple opportunities for fun events as well as skills-based learning.
- Guides the Pack activities to ensure they are aligned with the Mission of Pack 63 and Cub Scouts.
- Acts as Master of Ceremonies for monthly Pack Meetings including advancement ceremonies, awards and recognition.
- Recruits other parents to act as Den Leaders or fill other adult leader positions.
Attend monthly Committee Meetings – 90 minutes
Attend monthly Den Leader Meetings – 30 minutes
Run monthly Pack Meetings – 90 minutes
Attend other events as available – variable
Other event planning – 30 minutes per month
Organize annual Pack Planning Meeting – 120 minutes in June
Attend Annual Budget Meeting – 120 minutes in July/August