Camping is a key ingredient of the Scouting program and one that all boys look forward to! The Camping Chair coordinates all Pack camping programs and aligns activities with Scouting skills, adventure achievements and rank advancement.
- Coordinate programs and activities for Winter Camp, Family Camp and any other camp or overnight outing approved by the Pack Committee.
- Organize Pack required items for Council Sponsored Camps (Swamp Fox)
- Organize required items/resources with other Pack leaders and Scout Parents.
- Ensure Food Chair has planned for an appropriate amount of food and appropriate meal plan for registered camp attendees.
- Ensure Trailer/Quartermaster has the required equipment and has coordinated the delivery and pickup of the trailer.
- Conduct parent meeting prior to each campout or overnight. Ensure dissemination of information including but not limited to packing list, weather considerations, meeting time and location, and uniform requirements.
Attend monthly Pack Committee Meetings – 90 minutes
Attend monthly Pack Meetings – 90 minutes
Plan and coordinate campouts – 4 hours per camp or overnight
Conduct parent meeting – 30 minutes per event