Den Leaders are the ‘day-to-day’ leadership of the scouts. They organize the monthly Den Meetings and help guide the scouts during Pack meetings and events. The goal of the Den Leader is guide the scouts through advancement and to prepare them for Scouts BSA.
A Webelos Den leader has the additional goal of preparing the Cub Scouts for their transition to Scouts BSA. The leader should make contact with the Troops in the area and should assist the scouts in learning about those Troops and selecting one.
- Plan monthly or twice-monthly Den meetings of 60-90 minutes.
- Prepare Webelos scouts for Scouts BSA by introducing them to the area Troops and the BSA program.
- Guide Webelos scouts in planning a Camping with the Cubmaster camping outing.
- Attend monthly Den Leader meetings.
- Attend monthly Pack Committee meetings (same day as Den Leader meeting).
- Track and record scout advancement using Scoutbook.
- Communicate Den and Pack activities to scouts and their families.
- Supervise scouts in the den during Pack Meetings and other pack events.
Pack Meeting – 60-90 minutes per month
Den Meeting – 60-90 minutes per month
Planning Meetings – 90 minutes per month
Planning and organizing Den Meeting – 30 minutes per month